Cookies ussage consent
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our site without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.I agree, do not show this message again.
M. E. BARBINTA-PATRASCU1,* , C. UNGUREANU2,* , N. BADEA2,* , M. CONSTANTIN1, V. PURCAR3,* , A. ISPAS4,*
- University of Bucharest, Faculty of Physics, Department of Electricity, Solid-State Physics and Biophysics, 405 Atomistilor Street, PO Box MG-11, Bucharest-Magurele, 077125, Romania
- University “Politehnica” of Bucharest, Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Material Science 1-7, Polizu Str., 011061, Bucharest, Romania
- National Research&Development Institute for Chemistry and Petrochemistry ICECHIM, 202 Splaiul Independentei, 6th district, P.O. 35-174, 060021, Bucharest, Romania
- Department of Prosthodontics, “Iuliu Hatieganu” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, 8 Babeş Street, Cluj-Napoca, 400012 Romania
Innovative silica-based bioactive materials containing mandarin extract, “green” silver nanoparticles and honey, were originally designed for biomedical purposes. Silver nanoparticles were phytosynthesized from aqueous extract of mandarin peels. The samples were spectral analyzed by UV-Vis absorption and FT-IR ATR spectroscopy. The biomaterials prepared in this study exhibited high antimicrobial activity against Escherichia coli, and also good antioxidant properties evaluated in vitro by chemiluminescence technique. These organic/inorganic materials could be valuable candidates for many biophotonic and biomedical applications..
Biocomposite materials, Silica, honey, Mandarin, “Green” silver nanoparticles.
Submitted at: March 19, 2020
Accepted at: June 16, 2020
M. E. BARBINTA-PATRASCU, C. UNGUREANU, N. BADEA, M. CONSTANTIN, V. PURCAR, A. ISPAS, Bioperformances of honey-phytonanosilver in silica materials, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials Vol. 22, Iss. 5-6, pp. 310-315 (2020)
- Download Fulltext
- Downloads: 1 (from 1 distinct Internet Addresses ).