Cookies ussage consent
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our site without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.I agree, do not show this message again.
A. Z. ZULKIFLI1,* , N. A. ABDUL KADIR2, E. I. ISMAIL2, M. YASIN3, Z. JUSOH4, H. AHMAD1, S. W. HARUN2
- Photonic Research Centre, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Department of Physics, Faculty of Science and Technology, Airlangga University, Surabaya (60115) Indonesia
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Mara (Terengganu), 23000 Dungun, Terengganu, Malaysia
A stable dual-wavelength fiber ring laser operating at C-band region was successfully demonstrated based on a bent singlemode-multimode-single-mode fiber structure (SMS). A small load of 11.34 g is applied at the SMS package to provide bending at the multimode section in order to generate stable dual-wavelength lasing at room temperature. The proposed fiber laser operates at 1535.24 nm and 1540.00 nm with a wavelength spacing of 4.76 nm and a SNR of ~45 dB. At the pump power of 201 mW, the maximum power fluctuations of ±1.34 dB and ±1.26 dB were obtained at 1535.24 nm and 1540.00 nm respectively. The feasibility of application of SMS structure for dual-wavelength generation is verified..
Single-mode multimode single-mode fiber structure, Dual-wavelength laser, EDFL.
Submitted at: Dec. 15, 2015
Accepted at: April 6, 2017
A. Z. ZULKIFLI, N. A. ABDUL KADIR, E. I. ISMAIL, M. YASIN, Z. JUSOH, H. AHMAD, S. W. HARUN, Dual-wavelength fiber laser with a bent single-mode multimode single-mode fiber structure, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials Vol. 19, Iss. 3-4, pp. 127-131 (2017)
- Download Fulltext
- Downloads: 61 (from 43 distinct Internet Addresses ).