Cookies ussage consent
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our site without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.I agree, do not show this message again.
ZHI SUN1,2, YING CHEN3, XIAOLIN QIN1, YONG FENG4
- Chengdu Institute of Computer Applications, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chengdu, 610041, P.R. China
- University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, 100049, P.R. China
- Institute of Optics and Electronics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chengdu , 610209, P.R. China
- Chongqing Key Laboratory of Automated Reasoning and Cognition, Chongqing Institute of Green and Intelligent Technology,Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chongqing, 400714, P.R. China
A rectangular phase screen transmission model is usually applied to the simulation of optical propagation processes in atmospheric turbulence. In this paper, we analyze the relationship between fractal Brownian motion and atmospheric turbulence firstly. Then based on the classical fractal algorithm, a new algorithm is proposed to generate a rectangular phase screen, which combines the random midpoint displacement (RMD) principle with the successive random additions (SRA) technique. It mainly contains three interpolation methods including square interpolation, trigonometric interpolation and diamond interpolation, respectively. Therefore we call the algorithm (S-T-D)RMD-SRA. We carry out the split-step method to propagate beam through atmospheric turbulence, which is simulated by a rectangular phase screens transmission model. Numerical simulations show that the new algorithm and traditional FFT-based algorithm on the statistical properties are almost consistent with the theoretical value. Furthermore, it has high performance in computation time and parallel efficiency..
Atmospheric Turbulence, Phase Screen, Fractal Interpolation, Beam Propagation, Parallel Computing.
Submitted at: Jan. 20, 2016
Accepted at: Aug. 3, 2016
ZHI SUN, YING CHEN, XIAOLIN QIN, YONG FENG, Generation of a large scale atmospheric turbulence based on an improved fractal algorithm, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials Vol. 18, Iss. 7-8, pp. 654-660 (2016)
- Download Fulltext
- Downloads: 100 (from 70 distinct Internet Addresses ).