Cookies ussage consent
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our site without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.I agree, do not show this message again.
H. ALGARNI1,2, N. BOUARISSA3,* , M. AJMALKHAN4, B. UL HAQ1
- Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, King Khalid University, P. O. Box 9004, Abha 61413, Saudi Arabia
- Research Center for Advanced Materials Science (RCAMS), King Khalid University, P. O. Box 9004, Abha 61413, Saudi Arabia
- Laboratory of Materials Physics and Its Applications, University of M'sila, 28000 M'sila, Algeria
- Department of Physics, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi-110025, India
Based on a pseudopotential approach, the high-pressure dependence of the elastic properties and microhardness of ZnTe has been investigated. Our results are generally accordant with the available experimental data. Most features of interest are found to vary monotonouslywith raising pressure. The material in question is found to be mechanically stable for all pressures in the interval 0-80 kbar. Its resistanceto deflections or deformations, rigidity, and hardness isaugmented upon compression. The calculated Poisson ratio at various pressures implies the brittle manner behavior of ZnT.
High-pressure,Elastic properties,Mechanical stability,Microhardness, ZnTe.
Submitted at: June 8, 2020
Accepted at: April 8, 2021
H. ALGARNI, N. BOUARISSA, M. AJMALKHAN, B. UL HAQ, High-pressure effect on elastic properties, mechanical stability and microhardness of ZnTe, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials Vol. 23, Iss. 3-4, pp. 167-172 (2021)
- Download Fulltext
- Downloads: 33 (from 27 distinct Internet Addresses ).