Cookies ussage consent
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our site without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.I agree, do not show this message again.
M. T. JILANI1,* , L. Y. CHEONG2, A. S. SAAND3, W. P. WEN3, M. Z. U. REHMAN4
- College of Computing and Information Sciences, PAF Karachi Institute of Economics and Technology, Karach,i Pakistan
- Department of Fundamental & Applied Sciences, University Technology PETRONAS, Tronoh, Perak Malaysia
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University Technology PETRONAS, Tronoh, Perak Malaysia
- Department of Physics, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Park road, Islamabad, Pakistan
The paper describes the characterization of dielectric materials, by using a resonance based ring-resonator method. A microstrip ring resonator (MRR) method is presented to measure effective dielectric constant (εreff) of composite laminate materials. Multilayer structure of MRR is designed and simulated using Ansoft’s High Frequency Structure Simulation. Comparative study of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), ceramic and ceramic-PTFE composites have been carried out to analyze the εreff along with its dependence on sheet thickness. From results, it is clearly observed that as the thickness of overlay is increased there is significant change in effective permittivity, which is more noticeable for high-permittivity ceramic material than low-permittivity PTFE material. Measured data is found in good agreement with the reported data..
Dielectric constant, effective permittivity, microstrip ring-resonator, ceramics, laminates, PTFE..
Submitted at: Sept. 28, 2015
Accepted at: June 9, 2016
M. T. JILANI, L. Y. CHEONG, A. S. SAAND, W. P. WEN, M. Z. U. REHMAN, Non-destructive characterization of dielectric materials by microwave spectroscopy in LS band, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials Vol. 18, Iss. 5-6, pp. 589-594 (2016)
- Download Fulltext
- Downloads: 79 (from 58 distinct Internet Addresses ).