Cookies ussage consent
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our site without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.I agree, do not show this message again.
T. BABEVA1,* , V. VASSILEV2, P. GUSHTEROVA1, A. AMOVA3, G. ALEXIEVA4, V. STRASHILOV4, P. PETKOVA3
- Institute of Optical Materials and Technologies, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Acad. G. Bonchev Str., Bl. 109, 1113 Sofia, Bulgaria
- University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy, Department of Non-Ferrous Metals Metallurgy and Semiconductor Technologies, 8 Kliment Ohridski Blvd., 1756 Sofia, Bulgaria
- University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy, Hydrotechnical Faculty, Department of Physics, 1 Hristo Smirnenski Blvd., 1046 Sofia, Bulgaria
- Sofia University, Faculty of Physics, Department of Solid State Physics and Microelectronics, 5 J. Bourchier Blvd., 1164 Sofia, Bulgaria
Seven glasses from the system As2Se3-Ag4SSe-PbTe with appropriately chosen compositions are characterized optically through measurements of their transmittance (T) and reflectance (R) in a wide spectral range covering UV, VIS and NIR. These new chalcogenide glasses are characterized with a wide region of glass formation. For calculation of the optical properties both the Tauc-Lorentz parametrization model and the Newton-Raphson algorithm are used. Thus refractive index n, extinction coefficient k, absorption coefficient α, optical bandgap energy Eg opt , and Urbach energy EU, are obtained. Changing the composition, a considerable variation of the refractive index is achieved, the characteristic absorption edge related energies remaining practically constant. A correlation between optical parameters, glass composition and density is established and discussed..
Chalcogenide glasses, UV-VIS-NIR spectroscopy, Tauc-Lorentz model, Optical properties.
Submitted at: May 7, 2016
Accepted at: April 6, 2017
T. BABEVA, V. VASSILEV, P. GUSHTEROVA, A. AMOVA, G. ALEXIEVA, V. STRASHILOV, P. PETKOVA, Optical properties of chalcogenide glasses from the system As2Se3-Ag4SSe-PbTe, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials Vol. 19, Iss. 3-4, pp. 204-210 (2017)
- Download Fulltext
- Downloads: 96 (from 59 distinct Internet Addresses ).