Cookies ussage consent
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our site without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.I agree, do not show this message again.
M. E. BARBINTA-PATRASCU1, C. UNGUREANU2,* , I.-R. SUICA-BUNGHEZ3, A.-M. IORDACHE4,5, S. MILENKOVIĆ PETROVIĆ6, A. ISPAS7, I. ZGURA8
- University of Bucharest, Faculty of Physics, 405 Atomistilor Street, PO Box MG-11, Bucharest-Magurele, 077125, Romania
- University “Politehnica” of Bucharest, Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science 1-7, Polizu Street, 011061, Bucharest, Romania
- National R&D Institute for Chemistry and Petrochemistry – ICECHIM Bucharest, 060021, Romania
- University of Bucharest, Faculty of Physics, 3Nano-SAE Research Centre PO Box MG-38, 405A Atomistilor Street, Bucharest-Magurele, 077125, Romania
- National Institute for Research and Development in Optoelectronics - INOE 2000, Spintronics Department, 409 Atomiștilor Street, Măgurele, Ilfov, 77125, Romania
- University of Niš, Faculty of Technology Leskovac, Bulevar Oslobodjenja, 124, 16000 Leskovac, Serbia
- Department of Prosthodontics, “Iuliu Hatieganu” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, 8 Babeş Street, ClujNapoca, 400012 Romania
- National Institute of Materials Physics, 405A Atomistilor Street, P.O. Box MG-7, Bucharest-Magurele 077125, Romania
Clean technologies using the principles of green chemistry have attracted the attention of scientists in the last decade. Our work was focused on building advanced silver-based materials using an eco-friendly and convenient method. Two types of silver nanoparticles were synthesized using aqueous extracts of orange (Citrus sinensis) and grapefruit (Citrus paradisi) peels. Hybrid entities consisting of these bionanosilver particles and biomimetic membranes were “green” prepared and studied by spectral methods (UV-Vis absorption and emission, and FTIR-ATR spectroscopy). The morphology of silvercontaining materials was analyzed by AFM images and their physical stability was checked by zeta potential measurements. Also, their antioxidant and antimicrobial properties were evaluated..
Citrus paradisi, Citrus sinensis, Antibacterial and antioxidant properties, Biomimetic, Silver nanoparticles.
Submitted at: July 29, 2018
Accepted at: Oct. 10, 2018
M. E. BARBINTA-PATRASCU, C. UNGUREANU, I.-R. SUICA-BUNGHEZ, A.-M. IORDACHE, S. MILENKOVIĆ PETROVIĆ, A. ISPAS, I. ZGURA, Performant silver-based biohybrids generated from orange and grapefruit wastes, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials Vol. 20, Iss. 9-10, pp. 551-557 (2018)
- Download Fulltext
- Downloads: 99 (from 62 distinct Internet Addresses ).