Cookies ussage consent
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our site without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.I agree, do not show this message again.
V. PRAJZLER1,* , P. NEKVINDOVA2, M. VARGA3, J. BRUNCKO4, Z. REMES3, A. KROMKA3
- Dept. of Microelectronics, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Czech Technical University, Technicka 2, 168 27 Prague, Czech Republi
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Technicka 5, 166 27 Prague, Czech Republic
- Institute of Physics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, v.v.i., Cukrovarnicka 10/112, 162 53 Prague 6, Czech Republic
- International Laser Centre, Ilkovicova 3, 841 04 Bratislava, Slovak Republic
We present the study of properties of semiconductor optical planar waveguides fabricated from materials with high refractive index. The nanocrystalline diamond and nanocrystalline zinc oxide planar waveguides have been deposited by microwave plasma enhanced chemical vapour deposition and by pulse laser deposition on glass substrates. Monocrystalline gallium nitride planar waveguides were prepared by metalorganic chemical vapour deposition on sapphire substrates. The morphology of prepared layers was characterized using scanning electron microscopy, Raman spectroscopy and X-ray diffraction. Waveguiding properties and the refractive indices of prepared thin films were determined by prism coupling technique and our measurement shows that our samples had waveguiding properties for all measured wavelengths from ultraviolet to infrared spectral range..
High index contrast, Optical planar waveguides, Zinc oxide, Nanocrystalline diamond, Gallium nitride.
Submitted at: June 17, 2016
Accepted at: Nov. 25, 2016
V. PRAJZLER, P. NEKVINDOVA, M. VARGA, J. BRUNCKO, Z. REMES, A. KROMKA, Prism coupling technique for characterization of the high refractive index planar waveguides, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials Vol. 18, Iss. 11-12, pp. 915-921 (2016)
- Download Fulltext
- Downloads: 68 (from 45 distinct Internet Addresses ).