Cookies ussage consent
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our site without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.I agree, do not show this message again.
L. CHIRILA1,* , D. V. COSMA2, A. URDA2, A. S. PORAV2, A. TURZA2, D. TIMPU3, A. O. MATEESCU4
- National Research & Development Institute for Textiles and Leather, Bucharest, Romania
- National Institute for Research and Development of Isotopic and Molecular Technologies, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- ”Petru Poni” Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, Iasi, Romania
- “Horia Hulubei” National Institute for Research and Development in Physics and Nuclear Engineering, Magurele, Romania
The use of nanomaterials in textile area already showed considerable potential with economic and environmental benefits. In the present study, Ag-TiO2 and Ag-TiO2/reduced graphene oxide powders were prepared by a combined chemical/thermal approach followed by deposition onto flax samples by immersion from ethanol solution. TiO2 P25 (Degussa)-coated flax blank sample was obtained and examined for comparison. The morpho-structural properties of flax samples were investigated by Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), X-ray powder diffraction (XRD) and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR). The transmittance measurements of the coated flax samples were performed and the ultraviolet (UV) light-shielding ability was evaluated. TiO2 P25 coated flax sample showed a good UV light-shielding property (UPF = 15.536)..
Ag-TiO2, Reduced graphene oxide, UV light-shielding, Flax samples.
Submitted at: Aug. 14, 2019
Accepted at: Feb. 17, 2020
L. CHIRILA, D. V. COSMA, A. URDA, A. S. PORAV, A. TURZA, D. TIMPU, A. O. MATEESCU, UV light-shielding properties of TiO2-based materials coated flax samples, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials Vol. 22, Iss. 1-2, pp. 62-66 (2020)
- Download Fulltext
- Downloads: 2 (from 1 distinct Internet Addresses ).