Cookies ussage consent
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our site without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.I agree, do not show this message again.
K. KAMIMURA1, S. HOSOKAWA1,* , N. HAPPO2, H. IKEMOTO3, Y. SUTOU4, S. SHINDO4, Y. SAITO4, J. KOIKE4
- Department of Physics, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto 860-8555, Japan
- Department of Frontier Sciences, Graduate School of Information Sciences, Hiroshima City University, Hiroshima 731-3194, Japan
- Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, University of Toyama, Toyama 930-8555, Japan
- Department of Materials Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Tohoku University, Sendai, 980-8579, Japan
The structure of crystalline and amorphous GeCu2Te3 phase change material was investigated by x-ray absorption fine structure. The averaged interatomic distances of Ge-Te and Cu-Te in the crystal phase are confirmed to contradict the x-ray diffraction data, and are mostly equal to the experimental data in the amorphous phase. As regards the coordination numbers, the atomic configurations around the Ge atoms are a small modification of the crystalline one, while those around the Cu atoms are quite different and the large number of the Cu-Cu homopolar coordination become an important role in the amorphous phase. The x-ray absorption near edge structure data near the Ge K edge show a similarity of the local atomic configurations around the Ge atoms between the crystalline and amorphous GeCu2Te3. However, those near the Cu K edge indicate a large smearing-out on the amorphization, corresponding the large differences in the atomic configurations around the Cu atoms..
Phase change material, Local structure, XAFS.
Submitted at: Nov. 5, 2015
Accepted at: April 5, 2016
K. KAMIMURA, S. HOSOKAWA, N. HAPPO, H. IKEMOTO, Y. SUTOU, S. SHINDO, Y. SAITO, J. KOIKE, XAFS analysis on amorphous and crystalline new phase change material GeCu2Te3, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials Vol. 18, Iss. 3-4, pp. 248-253 (2016)
- Download Fulltext
- Downloads: 72 (from 52 distinct Internet Addresses ).